Are you ready to join APMP GMC’s mentorship program?
We are excited to announce the launch of our 2021 mentorship program to support the growth and development of our chapter members. This year’s program consists of three pillars:
- Mentor/Mentee Relationships: Foundational to the program are individual mentor and mentee pairings. After applying as either a mentor or a mentee, you will be matched according to your region, industry, job function, background, and goals. After matching, it’s up to the pair to determine the frequency, direction, and goals of the relationship.
- Challenge Chats: Back by popular demand are our quarterly Challenge Chats to discuss hot topics and tackle key industry challenges. Each webinar will be focused around a theme and include experienced mentors available to facilitate the discussion, share their experiences, and answer questions.
- Mentorship Mondays: On the first Monday of the month, we will serve up insights, tips, and activities directly to your inbox to help spark conversation starters during your weekly chats.
Whether you are new to our industry or a proposal veteran, there is no shortage of professional development that is possible through this program.
Take it from one mentee from our 2019 season: “I have so appreciated our mentor-mentee relationship this year. Both personally and professionally, it has been exactly what I needed. I know your review of my practitioner application played a huge role in passing the next level of certification. But most of all, I am thankful for your friendship. From your listening ear, to challenging me and encouraging me, thank you.”
Ready to join? Applications can be completed online.
Requirements to participate:
- Active APMP GMC member
- Able to commit 4 – hours per month (or 1 hour a week)
- February 19: Applications Due
- March 8: Program Kickoff (webinar)
- TBD at BidCon: Networking Event
- December 1: Program Wrap-up
Why you should participate:
- Obtain knowledge from experienced professionals
- Share lessons learned
- Gain different perspectives and alternate approaches
- Invest in the proposal profession and help it grow
- Receive personal training/tips and techniques
- Achieve your professional goals
- Mentors receive 8 CEUs toward APMP certification
- Build relationships with others in the industry
- Get to know your fellow chapter members
- Get more involved with APMP GMC
If you’re interested in participating in our Mentorship Program, please Contact Us.