The GMC is excited to announce the continuation of the Certification Study Group Program. This program is designed to assist individuals studying for and taking the Foundation and/or Practitioner Level Certification Exam.
The program will consist of the first 10 participants for Foundation and first six (6) participants for Practitioner who will meet certain eligibility requirements (listed below) to receive the benefits of the study group.
Participants are required to track their completion of requirements and must provide monthly updates on their progress to the study group leaders. Details regarding how to properly track progress will be discussed with each interested participant.
All eligibility requirements must be met by May 31, 2021. The participant list will be finalized the first week of June. Those eligible will be notified.
The requirements are:
- Must be an active APMP member in good standing and affiliated to GMC
- All Practitioner applicants must have already passed the Foundation exam
- Must have a total of 20 points
- All points must be accumulated by May 31, 2021
- Write a blog post for GMC blog (10 points)
- Follow the GMC social media platforms and source original content to start a discussion on the GMC LinkedIn or Facebook page (5 points)
- Help the Marketing Committee (5 points)
- Host a Virtual Local Meet-up (10 points)
- Write an article for the GMC newsletter (5 points)
- Write a professional profile including discussion of career trajectory, career goals, what you have gotten out of APMP and why you want to pursue certification (5 points) – This can also be a quick video introduction and quick study tip to combine with the below task for a total of 10 points
- Create a micro-learning video – 30-60 seconds (5 points)
- Attend GMC or APMP webinar (5 points)
- Participate in Book Club (20 points)
- Resume review participation through GMC Gives Back (10 points)
The benefits of this program include guided study sessions, tips and tricks, and emotional support, and the cost of the study guide (for Foundation level only) and exam will be free to the individual. Practitioner participants are expected to already have the Foundation study guide. If the cost of the study materials and test is already covered by your employer, and you are still interested in participating in the study group, up to 10 additional participants can join the study sessions.
Study Session Details
- The Foundation Study Group will meet June-August. Full details to be released later. UPDATE: We still have a few spots remaining
- The Practitioner Study Group will meet September-October. Full details will be released later. UPDATE: This class is FULL
- Participants will schedule and take the exam on their own soon after.
Our Practitioner class is full; however, a few spots are still available in the Foundation level. If you are interested in participating, contact Kaitlin Kousaie and Lindsay Lange, Co-Chairs. Please email both, if interested at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.