The GMC is excited to announce a new Certification Study Group Program. This program is designed to assist individuals studying for and taking the Foundation Level Certification Exam.
The program will consist of the first 10 participants who will meet certain eligibility requirements (listed below) to receive the benefits of the study group.
Participants are required to track their completion of requirements and must provide monthly updates on their progress to the study group leaders. Details regarding how to properly track progress will be discussed with each interested participant.
All eligibility requirements must be met by May 31. The participant list will be finalized the first week of June. Those eligible will be notified.
The requirements are:
- Must be an active APMP member in good standing and affiliated to GMC
- Must have a total of 20 points
- All points must be accumulated by May 31
- Must have at least three different action items
- Write a blog post for GMC blog (10 points)
- Follow the GMC social media platforms and source original content to start a discussion on the GMC LinkedIn or Facebook page (5 points)
- Help the Marketing Committee (5 points)
- Host a Virtual Local Meet-up (10 points)
- Write an article for the GMC newsletter (5 points)
- Write a professional profile including discussion of career trajectory, career goals, what you have gotten out of APMP and why you want to pursue certification (5 points) – This can also be a quick video introduction and quick study tip to combine with the below task for a total of 10 points
- Create a micro-learning video – 30-60 seconds (5 points)
- Attend GMC or APMP webinar (5 points)
- Participate in Book Club (20 points)
- Resume review participation through GMC Gives Back (10 points)
The benefits of this program include guided study sessions, tips and tricks, and emotional support, and the cost of the foundation study guide and exam will be free to the individual. If the cost of the study materials and test is already covered by your employer, and you are still interested in participating in the study group, up to 10 additional participants can join the study sessions.
Study Session Details
The study sessions will take place every other week during the summer (June, July and August) for a total of six (6) one-hour group study sessions. Details regarding the study session timeline will be determined with eligible participants.
Participants will schedule and take the exam on their own in September (or soon after).
If you are interested in participating, contact Kaitlin Kousaie and Lindsay Lange, Co-Chairs, by February 29. Please email both, if interested at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.