Senior Proposal Analyst: Pearson
The Senior Proposal Analyst takes responsibility for the entire proposal process from RFP receipt to high-quality proposal creation and delivery in a high-volume environment. The Senior Proposal Analyst works closely with Business Development, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and other key staff to develop and deliver high-quality, compelling proposals. The Senior Proposal Analyst is also responsible for facilitating bid strategy sessions and assisting the Director, Global Proposals with research and process improvement projects. This position also will provide guidance to the Proposal Analysts, Associate Proposal Analysts, and Proposal Coordinator.
Proposal Response Development…..40%
- Guarantee successful delivery of superior quality proposals.
- Write new text or customize existing text for proposal responses.
- Review RFP in detail and identify mandatory business requirements.
- Create or obtain proposal appendices.
- Accurately incorporate all edits from reviewers.
- Ensure 100% accurate and clear cost proposal/forms.
- Ensure compliance with RFP requirements.
- Coordinate and produce final proposal documents with the support of the Proposal Coordinator.
- Track shipments.
- Conduct research for process improvement projects.
- Update and maintain boilerplate.
- Provide guidance for proposal analysts and coordinator, as needed.
Bid Strategy and RFP Review Meeting Facilitation…..35%
- Schedule, facilitate, and actively participate in bid strategy meetings to prepare proposal response.
- Recommend solutions for proposal response based on prior proposal experience.
- Ensure all aspects of RFP are addressed with pertinent Subject Matter Experts.
- Review RFPs in detail and identify mandatory requirements.
- Prepare fact sheets/proposal outlines.
Prepare for RFP receipt (pre-work)…..10%
Proofread and edit various proposals as needed by the department…..10%
Other duties as assigned…..5%
- BA or BS, preferably in English, Journalism, or Business or similar degree.
- Master’s degree in English, Journalism, or Business preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience in proposal writing or similar discipline.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Word and moderate proficiency with Excel, Project, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Good verbal skills, excellent written communication skills.
- Above average writing and editing skills required.
- Ability to conceptualize and think creatively.
- Ability to work comfortably with executive team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work under tight deadlines.
- Team leading skills.
- Effective relationship building and maintaining skills with team and senior management.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Time management, planning, multi-task and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-IA-Iowa City
Proposal Manager: FlightSafety International
Location: St. Louis, MO
We are looking for experienced, creative, self-motivated individuals who want to make a difference in their world by applying their skills, and learning new ones as part of a dynamic team. So if you’re ready for your next career opportunity and are intrigued by the thought of joining a world leader and pioneer in the development, application, service and support of simulation displays- you owe it to yourself to talk to us.
The Proposal Manager oversees all proposal activities, including meeting RFP/FAR requirements, managing proposal schedules and deadlines, developing proposal outline and compliance matrix, directing proposal personnel, and monitoring the progress of the proposal.
- Participate in all solution, proposal development and post submission activities
- Analyze RFPs to support bid decisions, produce requirements matrices and outlines, and identify questions.
- Develop and maintain proposal plan, including schedule, proposal outline, assignments, and requirements compliance matrices.
- Facilitate assessment of team strengths/weaknesses/discriminators and development of winning strategies, themes, and supporting graphics.
- Lead development of overall proposal architecture, and assist in developing strategies prior to writing.
- Conduct kick off meetings, providing direction, maintaining action lists, enforcing deadlines, conducting in-process status meetings, planning for all reviews, documenting and distributing review feedback, working to ensure consistency across proposal volumes, and preparing for oral proposals.
- Oversee and contribute as required to document production, editing, final review, production, and submission activities to ensure that all final documents are complete, compliant, well organized, professionally presented, and delivered to the requesting agency on time.
- Must have the ability for clear, concise verbal and written communications; able to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals and able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume; Able to apply concepts of basic algebra. Grasp of both cost and financial accounting is needed.
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; Able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable discipline and a minimum of 4 experience.
What We Offer
FlightSafety’s total rewards package goes above and beyond just a paycheck. Whether you’re looking to build your career, improve your health, or protect your wealth, we offer generous benefits to help you achieve your goals.
Job Locations US-WI-Milwaukee | US-IL-Chicago | US-WI-Madison
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
- Write compelling and persuasive copy to support all aspects of proposals and related sales materials within client expansion and new business opportunities
- Facilitate proposal strategy and solutions conversations using the firm’s Insight Selling methodology, value propositions and proposal planning and development processes
- Coordinate proposal projects, including scheduling and participation in meetings with partners, business development professionals and other key stakeholders to develop proposal strategies and articulate proposed solutions
- Conduct research to support the development of a proposal
- Write, edit, format and proofread proposals
- Develop proposal-related presentation materials including handouts, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Ensure compliance with request for proposal (RFP), request for information (RFI) or request for qualifications (RFQ) instructions and requirements
- Coordinate with all Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) contributing to the proposal effort
- Adhere to quality principles (responsive, compliant, concise, persuasive), firm brand guidelines and other criteria for compelling and consistent messaging and presentation
- Coordinate proposal production process, working with administrative support as appropriate
- Archive, track and monitor results and gather feedback to tailor and improve future proposals and maintain documentation required according to proposal protocol guidelines
- Develop new proposal content and update content repositories, as needed
- Write client testimonials and case studies used in proposals and presentations in conjunction with applicable industry and service line marketing managers
- Create charts, graphs and illustrations in support of proposals and presentations; identify and reuse existing graphics and visuals in documents where relevant; and consult with stakeholders to help develop graphical representations of concepts
- Collaborate with others on the marketing team as needed
- Continuously expand knowledge base in assigned specialized industries or services
- Work in a self-directed manner within a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment, pro-actively seeking guidance on complex tasks, as needed
- Provide writing and other marketing support as needed
- Maintain and expand knowledge base in proposal writing and in the services we provide
- Integrate new knowledge, skills and best practices into daily work and share with colleagues as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned, including participating in special projects
- Excellent project and time management skills to balance multiple, time-sensitive priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to understand complex services and value propositions and communicate them in succinct, persuasive written responses
- Superior skills in Microsoft Word, particularly using editing/collaborating functions; additional skills in InDesign and PowerPoint preferred
- Familiarity with Qvidian, Shipley and/or APMP proposal practices preferred
- A Bachelor’s Degree in English, journalism, marketing, communications or a related field
- One to two years of writing experience, including proposals/RFPs, with advanced writing, proofreading, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
Apply for this job online at bakertilly.com/careers/.
Proposal Specialist – CDW
Location: Chicago, IL, United States
The Proposal Specialist provides analysis, response, support, and processing of various types of proposals and bids for the applicable Sales Team. Such documents may include: request for proposal(RFP), request for information (RFI), and request for quotation (RFQ). These are collectively referred to as “Proposal Documents.” The Proposal Specialist maximizes company revenue and profit through wins and sales generated by responses to Proposal Documents.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Research the customer to understand their environment, politics, limitations, hot points and other factors that will translate to a response that wins.
- Provide feedback to account managers, sales managers and directors regarding current and anticipated Proposal Documents.
- Assemble stakeholders (proposal project team) to identify roles, responsibilities and timelines.
- With project team, discern strategies and win themes and incorporate into capture plan.
Engage necessary internal resources such as Contract Negotiators, Program Managers and other company departments; engage outside resources such as vendors, partners and customers.
- Assist in the development of a pricing strategy, as applicable, and account for applicable costs to maximize profit.
- Prepare professionally written responses to Proposal Documents that specifically address customer requirements while positioning CDW for success; ensure compliance, accuracy, timeliness and that win-theme is consistent and apparent.
- Document and report on project status including eventual capture information and proper close out of opportunities including proposal debriefing and transition to Program Management, where applicable.
- Actively participate in department-sponsored and other training programs as applicable.
Contribute to the shared resources of the department and company through contributions to content library and/or template development
- Contribute to department or company projects assigned.
- When required, attend industry days or pre-proposal functions.
- Lead post-submission exercises such as presentations, clarifications, ‘best and final offers’ and protests, where applicable.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 year(s) writing and/or editorial experience
- Other Required Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Office Applications and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up
- Deadline focused and ability to work under time constraints
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and other coworkers
- General IT product, contract and customer knowledge
- Project Management experience
- Working knowledge of purchasing requirements
- Familiarity with proposal assembly software
- Professional certifications such as APMP (Association of Proposal Management
- Professionals) or PMI (Project Management Institute).
Content Manager, Proposals & Presentations: Allied Solutions
The Content Manager plays a critical role in creating, improving and maintaining effective, quality content used in Proposals and Presentations. This position requires a creative, yet technical individual, who is passionate and can work well under pressure while remaining detail-oriented.
Allied Solutions offers over 150 different products through 100 different providers. Many of these products require Proposal and Presentation content that effectively positions the solution when presented individually or when combined with another product/provider.
As Content Manager, you are responsible for ensuring content is consistent, engaging, and adheres to quality and brand standards. Using Qvidian (our cloud based content management and proposal automation software), you will determine the system architecture that enables the team to quickly fulfill requests with great looking documents!
- Proposal and presentation automation through Qvidian
- Collaborate with Marketing, Product Managers, and Law to review and edit content
- Create and maintain efficient and effective system architecture
- Load approved content, and develop procedures and train team members on how to create the final output
- Determine content review timelines and establish process with content owners to ensure accurate, up to date information
- Coordinate and fulfill requests for custom, high revenue generating / multi-product RFPs and presentations
- Proposal and presentation automation through Qvidian
- 1-4 years experience with Qvidian (system architecture and creation of content libraries)
- 2-4 years experience collaborating with sales reps to create proposals and/or presentations
- Comfortable and confident working in a fast-paced sales environment while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with multiple stakeholder groups
- Strong verbal communication skills and confidence to interact with different communication styles
- Ability to handle complex tasks with a strong sense of urgency; ability to analyze competing factors to develop the best possible output
Additional experience considered:
- Experience working in a financial services enterprise (e.g. bank, credit union, finance company, insurance company, insurance brokerage or agency, etc.)
- Experience with process and/or providing work direction
- Experience with hosting webinars or other online/remote meetings
- Experience with CRM and integration with Qvidian
- Experience with Smartsheet webforms, fillable PDF documents, and Excel/VBA
- College degree preferred
Apply on Company Website: https://www.alliedsolutions.net/careers/search/detail?jobid=o9zK7fwj
Proposal Coordinator: CI International
Position Title: Proposal Coordinator
Reports to: President
Summary: This position is a full-time, exempt, salaried employee position with the main responsibilities of identifying requirements, reviewing requirements against company past performance and capabilities, managing, coordinating and writing proposals in response to requests for proposals (RFPs), requests for information (RFIs), and requests for quotes (RFQs) from key prospective and ongoing customers. This position will work within the Sales Team, and work closely with the executive management and senior staff in defining, managing, and creating winning proposals.
In addition, the Proposal Coordinator will oversee CI’s proposal center which will include management of company qualification materials and past performance write-ups, technical approaches, cataloging of previous responses, resumes and bios, and quality assurance information, teaming partner materials, and performance monitoring material.
Critical job elements and responsibilities
- Monitors FedBizOps, GSA Advantage, and agency specific sites for RFP, RFI, and RFQ opportunities
Proposal creation and coordination
- Manage and participate in all aspects of the proposal development process to include:
- Review solicitation guidelines (header/footer, proposal sections, page limits, hard copy, etc.) and use to create proposal cover pages and volume shells/templates
- Create 1stVersion of proposal using input from proposal archives to populate initial sections
- Establish and communicate the proposal development timeline and resources needed for proposal development, data calls, and submission
- Work with Account Manager and CI team members to identify delivery team, final past performances, client intel, technical approach and modify info to fit requirements
- Coordinate technical contributions and consolidate all information from multiple sources into a single draft, identify content gaps, coordinate revisions, and develop final version to be submitted
- Prepare, consolidate, and submit questions to client CO by QA due date
- Obtain input from CI team, practice leader, consultants, trainers, and sub- or prime contractors as needed and based on proposal schedule
- Write, edit, format and modify proposal sections (such as resumes, past performance quals, course descriptions, etc.) to match info requirements or solicitation format
- Manage document versions to comply with requirements as QA’s and/or amendments are issued
- Coordinate inclusion of pricing data
- Ensure solicitation compliance with applicable RFP or RFI instructions
- Ensure final quality review successfully completed; and submit proposal package ahead of submission deadline
- Maintain and submit weekly RFP tracking sheet to VP of Sales and posts same to SharePoint Proposal Center.
- Prepare and present oral and written reports
- Provide work guidance to personnel contributing to proposal responses.
- Maintain current and accurate information for opportunities in the Deltek CRM system
- Take initiative to find and create improvements to the organization and efficiency of the proposal process and documents
Coordination of Proposal Center<
- Maintain an up-to-date file library of previous proposal technical and cost proposals
- Maintain SharePoint proposal center site
- Maintain up-to-date library of technical approach narratives and graphics for core offerings and products
- Maintain up-to-date resumes and bios for staff and contractor resources
- Maintain up-to-date library quals and past performance write-ups
- Develop regular schedule for soliciting quals and past performance information from CI delivery personnel and program managers
CI Team Member
- Participate in sales team related activities including conference calls, and planning meetings
- Participate in employee team activities including employee meetings, virtual interaction activities, and planning activities
- Approach work with a service mindset, focused on serving the company
- Possess a high-level of drive, discipline, creativity and motivation
- Prepare reports on the status of the proposal business at the request of the President, VP of Sales, or CFO
Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline preferred or equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Minimum of seven (7) years of experience managing and coordinating development of federal proposals. Formal proposal training (e.g. Shipley) preferred. Must have a functional understanding of industry procurement requirements as they relate to RFPs/RFQs. Must have a functional understanding of how to develop and deliver proposals within the federal market. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to oversee and contribute to multiple projects under strict deadlines to ensure timely and high-quality proposal submissions. Must have demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, change-oriented team environment and the ability to successfully handle and manage multiple projects at the same time. Strong organizational, planning, analytical, negotiation, and decision-making skills capable of juggling multiple tasks and meeting tight deadlines. Excellent computer skills (including, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Adobe, and MS Outlook). High degree of understanding of how to best use technology to increase efficiency and effectiveness in the proposal management process would be ideal.
Total Compensation Range between $80,000-$102,000
For information, please contact Rachel Gershon here.
Pursuit Strategy Senior Consultant: Plante Moran
From day one, experience our difference. Our proposal and pursuit strategy team actively contributes to the firm’s largest, most strategic business development opportunities. We are seeking engaging candidates whose experience and drive will help the firm grow.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Pursuit strategy
- Collaborate with large teams of client service professionals to take a leadership role in creating a strategy for identifying client needs, differentiating the firm, and creating a competitive advantage
- Project management
- Serve as the central point of contact and lead project manager for complex pursuits; simultaneously managing multiple proposals and pursuit deliverables
- Collaborate with large teams of client service professionals, the graphic design team, marketing professionals, and fellow pursuit strategy consultants to ensure on-time completion and a high level of quality
- Proposal writing
- Lead the proposal development process, from start to finish, by developing and writing persuasive messages based on information from research profiles, meetings with client service professionals, meetings with target companies’ staff and management, and knowledge of the firm’s offerings
- Finalist presentations
- Lead the presentation prep process by helping large teams of client service professionals develop talking points and deliverables
- Effectively lead and coach internal dry runs
- Minimum of 6+ years of increasing responsibility and demonstrable business writing experience, including the development of proposals in a professional services or corporate environment
- Bachelors Degree in Business Management, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English or similar discipline from an accredited college or university
- Advanced Microsoft Office, Word and Powerpoint skills
- Adobe Creative Suite skills preferred, but not required
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For.” At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively “jerk-free” culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
To apply, click here.
Do you have a career opportunity you want us to post? If so, email Bruce Farrell here.